Great Cities to Visit in South Dakota:
- Sioux Falls
- Rapid City
5 Fun Things to Enjoy in South Dakota:
- Mount Rushmore: Rising amid the Black Hills, South Dakota’s most famous site features the giant stone-carved faces of four American presidents: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt.
- Custer State Park: Watch bison, pronghorn antelope, and elk roam the vast prairie. Hike the rugged terrain, admiring the towering rock spires, and enjoy some of the best trout fishing in the county. There are campgrounds for the adventurous and lakeside lodges for those seeking more luxurious accommodations.
- Spearfish Canyon: South Dakota is home to many waterfalls, but the two most spectacular are Roughlock Falls and Bridal Veil Falls, both located in Spearfish Canyon. Drive the scenic byway and see dramatic cliffs with mountain goats.
- Mammoth Site of Hot Springs: This museum takes visitors down into a vast sinkhole diplaying the bones of 61 mammoths and counting as paleontologists continue to unearth them. An exhibit hall features full-size replicas of mammoths and other large prehistoric mammals.
- Redlin Art Center: Watertown’s Terry Redlin was one of the most prolific painters of the American West. Explore three stories of paintings featuring wildlife and landscapes. Kids can enjoy a scavenger hunt through the museum.
Major Convention Centers:
- Sioux Falls Convention Center: Its events center is the largest venue in the Dakotas, hosting concerts, sporting events, conventions, banquets and more. The complex also includes a theater and an arena.
Michigan has six national parks and 1,302 listings on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Badlands: Follow the Badlands Loop Road past scenic vistas of giant rock formations under the clearest of skies. Bison, bighorn sheep, and prairie dogs fill the landscape. Hikers and fossil hunters will find much to love in the Badlands.
- Wind Cave: Experience the barometric breeze that blows out of the mouth of one of the world’s most complex cave systems. Tours are offered 362 days of the year, showcasing Wind Cave’s unique honeycomb-patterned ceilings known as boxwork.
South Dakota is home to the Badlands Motor Speedway
- 3/8-mile dirt track does not host any NASCAR events, but carries a full schedule of races throughout the summer and has undergone a complete renovation in 2016.