Great Cities to Visit in Western Canada:
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Victoria, British Columbia
- Calgary, Alberta
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
5 Fun Things to Enjoy in the Canadian North West:
- Banff: The town of Banff is a resort town known for its hot springs and nearby ski resorts. Snowcapped mountains dominate the skyline, and the surrounding national park abounds with glaciers, lakes, and wildlife, including grizzlies, moose, cougars, and bighorn sheep.
- Victoria Harbour: At the southern tip of Vancouver Island, the city of Victoria greets visitors from around the world. The Inner Harbour and James Bay are top tourists destinations, with shops, a boardwalk, and beautiful buildings. Victoria is also the base for numerous sailing events.
- Polar Bear Capital: Churchill, Manitoba is one of the only human settlements in the world where people can see polar bears up close. It’s also a great place to see beluga whales and the northern lights.
- Stanley Park: This world-famous park is a green oasis in the middle of urban Vancouver. Visitors enjoy walking trails and biking trails, a beach, historical landmarks, monuments, First Nations totem poles, and Canada’s largest aquarium.
- Calgary Stampede: Calgary is known as a cowboy town, and this is never more apparent than during its ten-day summer festival known as the Stampede. Its one of the biggest rodeo exhibitions around, drawing visitors from around the world.
Major Convention Centres:
- Vancouver Convention Centre: Nearly 500,000 square feet of flexible event space in the heart of Canada’s third-largest city make the VCC a great location for large conventions.
- Calgary TELUS Convention Centre: With 122,000 square feet of convention space, 47,000 square feet of exhibition space, and 35 meeting rooms, the TELUS Centre is a versatile place to host events in one of Canada’s most lively cities.
National Park Services - http://www.pc.gc.ca
28 national parks and 52 national historic sites
- Glacier National Park: With its easy access by car and train, and its stunning alpine scenery, glaciers, and ancient forests, Glacier National Park is one of Canada’s most visited parks. It’s one of the best places to see mountain goats.
- Jasper National Park: Designated a UNESCO world heritage site, Jasper’s mountains, glaciers, forests, lakes, and rivers provide a haven for abundant and diverse wildlife, including elk, caribou, bears, mountain goats, and wolves.
NASCAR: Western Canada is home to the Edmonton International Raceway!
This short track (1/4 mi.) hosts a packed schedule of events, including the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series, and the NASCAR Pinty’s Series, a Canada-only series.